Shane and Amanda were married on August 29th, with a ceremony and reception at Fieldstone Barn at Armstrong Farms.
Shane proposed to Amanda by taking her out to Ohio Pyle State Park with his sister, Madison. Since they went hiking together all the time, Amanda didn’t think anything of it at the time. Eventually, they went to Cucumber Falls, another typical stopping point for them. But then, to Amanda’s surprise, she turned around to find that Shane was down on one knee—all while his sister, who was “in” on the plan, snapped pictures!
With a story like that, it was pretty clear that Shane and Amanda’s friends and family were going to play a big role in their wedding. They told me that they didn’t want anything too formal—they just wanted to have a big party so that their guests could celebrate with them!
Amanda and Shane’s Armstrong Farms Wedding Weekend
To that end, they started looking around at different venues online. They wanted to find a rustic barn where they could fit their friends and family and have that “family togetherness” setting they were looking for. So once they visited Armstrong Farms, that was it—they were in love. (And who can blame them?) They knew quickly that the breathtaking landscape, the “wedding weekend” package, and the super-helpful staff (specifically Marlene) would all combine to make this day an unforgettable one at Armstrong Farms.
Even though their focus was on the people, their love was clear in the details, too. They customized small details, like centerpieces, a traditional “Pittsburgh Cookie Table,” and a small memorial of pictures of those who couldn’t be there.
I’m also incredibly grateful for the care that these two showed in looking for a wedding photographer. I love when my couples understand the value of my work, and I wanted to share a little bit of what they said about me, because it warms my heart!
The next big “to do” for our wedding was choosing a photographer. Some may say that they are “just pictures,” but choosing the individual who would be capturing one of the most important days of our lives was extremely important to us. Again, we researched and met with a few photographers, but once we met Krystal and saw her work, it was a no brainer. We completed our engagement photos with Krystal Healy Photography at Chatham University’s Eden Hall Campus, and it made us that much more excited for our wedding day. Her photographs are absolutely stunning, and the way she can manipulate light is amazing.
Amanda & Shane, thank you for trusting me to be your wedding photographer! I know I won’t soon forget the sunset session we had together—or all the hysterical laughter that followed! Thanks also to my second shooter, Alexa, for backing me up on an amazing day.
Fieldstone Barn at Armstrong Farms Wedding Photography
Thank you to their amazing Pittsburgh Wedding Vendors:
* Dress Designer and Shop Purchased: MB Bride @mbbride Justin Alexander @justinalexander
* Suit/Tux Shop: Men’s Wearhouse @menswearhouse
* Hairstylist: Valerie’s Hair Design
* Makeup Artist: Allison Renock @allisonrenockmakeup
* Invitation (Paper Goods): Minted @minted
* DJ/Entertainment/Live Band etc: DJ Magic Moments
* Church/Ceremony Coordinator: Armstrong Farms: The Fieldstone @armstrongfarms
* Officiant: Pastor JJ Lynn
* Videographer: Vows to Video @vowstovideo
* Florist: Hearts and Flowers Floral Design Studio
* Limo/Transportation: Urso Bus, LLC
* Reception Coordinator Armstrong Farms: The Fieldstone (Marlene Micko)
* Bakery: Family Friend
* Shoes/Jewelry/Accessories Shoes: M from Macy’s
* Other Wonderful Vendors: Pittsburgh Prestige Photobooth @pghprestigephotobooth